The deadline for the Cornwall Independent Poverty Forum’s ‘Cornish Christmas Giving’ catalogue has been extended to 20th December. Packed full of incredible Christian charities and groups working around the Duchy to aleviate poverty and suffering, the catalogue aims to raise vital funds by encouraging people to buy alternative gifts this Christmas.
The catalogue includes:
- Active8 – enabling young people with physical difficulties to enjoy outdoor, social and arts activities.
- St Austell Community Kitchen.
- Restormel Mind – supporting people who are feeling lonely, isolated or depressed.
- Backpack Beds – providing portable shelters for people sleeping on Cornwall’s streets.
- Truro Foodbank.
- Truro Homeless Action Group – serving breakfast 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year.
- Cornwall Women’s Refuge Trust.
- Drop in and Share Centre, Camborne – helping vulnerable people.
- Street Pastors, Penzance.
- Homeless Breakfast Project, Penzance.
- Penzance Foodbank.
Gifts range from £5 to £65 with full details included in the catalogue. Download a copy here Cornish Christmas Giving Catalogue 2013 221013 or visit their website http://www.cornwallindependentpovertyforum.btck.co.uk/Aboutus