Cornish Christmas Giving Guide - 2016
Sometimes it’s hard to know what to give your friends who have everything, so how about considering giving them a virtual gift and giving something in your friends name to those who are most at need in our society?
The Cornish Christmas Giving Catalogue gives the opportunity to do just that.
Created in partnership between Truro Cathedral, The Diocese of Truro and Cornwall Independent Poverty Forum this catalogue gives you opportunities to show your loved ones that you care, at the same time giving to those who need it most in our society.
All gifts are giving through respected charities and organisations that help the most vulnerable. Here are some ideas of gifts that could be given costing no more than £15…
- 4 sessions in a Community Centre for Cornwall Befriending Service (£15)
- The Samaritans can train a new volunteer (£10)
- Cornwall Nightstop can provide an evening meal, a bed for the night and breakfast for someone in need (£15)
- Provide a personal hygiene pack including essential toiletries etc from St Petroc’s Society (£10)
- A dinner foodbox for a family of 4 from Camborne Pool and Redruth Foodbank (£15)
- The Cornwall Community Foundation can provide 10 hot meals for the elderly (£15)
- Learning resources for adult literacy skills from Cornwall Dyslexia Association (£15)
These are just from the first half of the catalogue! There are gifts here from as little as £5.
This years catalogue has been compiled by Colin Robinson. Paper copies of this catalogue will be available soon. In the meantime you can view the full catalogue by clicking the image above.