Amazingly it’s been just over 3 weeks since Yinka’s Leaders Training day for The Turning: I’m sure your thinking and planning is underway for preparing all of our local Churches for what is to come.
We have heard a great report already from the Falmouth/Penryn hub about how leaders are gathering and planning (I’ve included this as an appendix below from David Ward)! Amazing things are happening across the UK (e.g. there was a national day of prayer in Wales on Wednesday last week) too and Yinka is posting on Facebook some amazing stories from the training sessions that are happening in Reading!!!!
To summarize where I think we’re at:
- We are still waiting to hear from Yinka about when the local training will be along with details of costs etc. I will communicate as soon as we know. He has been in the States and on various trips but we are in touch with his PA and should have an update very soon!
- We are also still waiting to hear about how things will be for Leaders who want them and their churches to participate in The Turning who weren’t with us in Redruth last month.
- We are also waiting for details of the national database that is being developed.
- We have also had some feedback from some of you in Cornwall about the dates in June which we have taken on board and we will go back to Yinka to see if we have any options to move it a little later into the year.
As an aide-memoir here are the regional hubs that seem to be forming though there is still scope for many more:
- St. Ives
Meanwhile there is much to pray about and do. To this end my suggestion as to where we go from here is:
- To gather us all together again. The suggested date is on FRIDAY 7th APRIL 2-5pm at Victory Hall, Indian Queens at the next Open Heaven Leaders Hub, where Dan and Nathalie Benson will also be present (as you will recall Nathalie is the prophetic lady from Minnesota who shared the amazing word with us on the 10th February so this timing seems significant to us)! We are thrilled that we all actually have this opportunity to meet Nathalie! There will be an online registration system for this to help us know how many people we need to cater for with drinks and seating, and we will send the link for this very soon. It is a free event!
- David and Maggie Samms and now David and Viv Viol have offered to co-ordinate prayer activity for The Turning. More details to follow shortly on this.
- I would encourage those of you who are already thinking of forming Hubs to get together as is already happening in Falmouth and Penryn to “get the ball rolling” as it were; I’ll leave that thought with you all. We may well arrange a Hub Leaders meeting for those who would like to do so.
It would be particularly encouraging to hear from any leaders in Wadebridge, Newquay, Penzance or St. Austell who would like to be involved in setting up a Hub.
Please do get in touch if there is any more you would like to know about or be involved in or if you have any questions. I will send out further updates as things develop further. If you come across Leaders who would like to get involved please do be in touch with me; there’s still plenty of time!
Much love and many blessings as ever,
Jeremy and Yvette Britton
For all questions and feedback please contact us on:
The Turning Report 6th March 2017 from Penryn and Falmouth – David Ward
“The general response from the Falmouth and Penryn Ministers who attended the meeting in Redruth was very encouraging.
Last Thursday we had a ministers Lunch together and touched base with some of the other ministers Salvation Army, AOG, Church of England etc.
It was agreed that on Tuesday 14th March we would meet to go through the discipleship course together before beginning to train our churches with it.
Also last week Jeremy and I agreed to contact some churches, which at present are hesitant to get on board. Jeremy will arrange a meeting of potential hub leaders for the whole of Cornwall in Truro in the next couple of weeks.
All sounding positive our end!”